Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Annoying my students

Sometimes when my students piss me off, I like to point at one student, then another and make my hands in to the shape of a heart. The gesture is big in Korea to mean two people who are dating, and since my kids are all in 4th grade or under they realllly don't like the idea of dating one another. They usually get really upset and angry. It's hilarious. If I am particularly annoyed, I choose a same sex person and make the gesture. Koreans are not big fans of the gays so this REALLLY gets them.

On a side note, I had a one on one class today and the director walked in and sat down and told the girl that God loved her. I had a puzzled look on my face, so he explained to me that he was trying to get her to accept God' love because she (and her family) are Buddhist. Way to abuse your power!

No comments:

Post a Comment